- Abusive Client
SerayaHost may, at its discretion, suspend or terminate the service of any client/reseller who is financially delinquent, abusive/harassing to SerayaHost personnel, or causes general disruption to the operation of the company and service of its users. Examples of such activity include, but are not limited to:
- verbal or written abuse of SerayaHost personnel (obscene language, threats, etc.)
- excessive complaints or persistent disregard for alerts, warnings, and/or notices
- repeated reactivation of abusive users
- consistent errors or administrative changes causing unnecessary workload
- spamming SerayaHost email addresses, ticket systems, and/or servers
- frequent late or bounced payments
- issuing chargebacks
- public harassment or derogatory/false/exaggerated forum/discussion group postings
- Abuse of SerayaHost Systems and Resources
Any damaging or abusive activity, whether unlawful or considered to be detrimental to the operations of SerayaHost resources, is a violation of this policy.
Any attempt to harm equipment owned by SerayaHost, or hosted in its facilities, is strictly prohibited. Violations will result in legal action, to the fullest allowable extent.
- Illegal Usage Restrictions
Resources provided by SerayaHost may be used only for lawful purposes. Examples of unlawful content include, but are not limited to:
- unlicensed hosting of, linking to, or any involvement in the transmission of copyrighted media, applications, published works, or any data protected by trade secret, without sufficient rights to engage in this activity
- child pornography and/or kidnapping material
- content deemed to be terroristic in nature
- material posted to incite violence
- violations of human and animal rights, including the display of acts of cruelty and other abuse
- pyramid/ponzi schemes
- fraudulent sites and other forms of “phishing” (emails/forms/sites used to gather personal information from unsuspecting individuals)
- cracking programs and/or key generators
- violations of import/export restrictions
- Prohibited Usage Restrictions
In addition to activities governed by law, SerayaHost strictly prohibits:
*** Links to unacceptable content are also prohibited.
- IRC and associated applications (including bouncers, "bots", etc.)
- malware (malicious software) and/or botnets
- automation tools, auto typers, macros and bots used to circumvent restrictions on games or other applications (e.g. RuneScape bots)
- network and systems abuse scripts
- circumvention of and/or provision of instructions to circumvent security measures
- unnecessary port scans
- threatening, harassing, or obscene content
- anonymizers/proxies without password protection and sufficient logging (including open mail proxies, anonymous web surfing proxies)
- proxy detection scripts
- unsolicited and/or mass advertising via forums, blogs, comment forms, and newsgroups
- mail bombing, email address harvesting, and/or unsolicited email (including bulk mail sent to unconfirmed recipients and individual unsolicited advertisement or link exchange requests)
- HYIPs (high-yield investment programs)
- excessive overutilization of resource limits
- evasion of bans or blacklistings by changing domains/IPs
- Resource Usage (Share Hosting & VPS)
To maintain the integrity of SerayaHost services, any Share Hosting or VPS (virtual private server) utilizing heavy amounts of system resources may be temporarily disabled.
When necessary, clients may be required to upgrade the service package to accommodate actual usage.
Additionally, to reduce the load on servers, SerayaHost may relocate virtual private server containers to different nodes and/or IP addresses.
- Abuse/Spam/Bulk Email Policy
SerayaHost understands that bulk email is an important mechanism for keeping people informed.
However, spamming from the SerayaHost network, and spamvertising (unsolicited advertising of) sites hosted on the SerayaHost network, is prohibited.
The usage of partially confirmed recipient lists is not allowed.
All bulk email senders must post privacy policies and must be clearly identified to recipients during the subscription and confirmation process.
The usage of third-party distribution lists is prohibited. If SerayaHost approaches a client for evidence of confirmation, the request must be honored within 48 hours of the initial spam alert.
Deactivation of an account or service may be required, until proof of confirmation is provided and approved. SerayaHost reserves the right to require termination of any services involved in the transmission of unsolicited email.
If any activities lead to blacklisting, the involved client/reseller may be charged an abuse fee of Rp1.000.000,00.